Sunday, October 30, 2011

1945 E. Elm St.



I started this blog to document some of the residential projects that I have done and will be doing here in New Albany, IN.  This is the Long Graf House.  I purchased this house in 2008.  It was my neighbor's house, who after living there for over 20 years had to let it go back to the bank.  The crazy thing is from the first day that my wife and I moved to our house across Jay St. I wanted to see the house renovated and about a year later the opportunity came available.  The one fear I had for the house was for it to become rental property, carved up into four apartments.  Here in New Albany we have problems with our historic homes being rentals.  There are many variables that haave led to New Albany's problems with rentals and maybe in future posts we will explore those variables, but for now we'll continue with the Graf House.  I will be adding more pictures at later posts, but I will not be able to go into detail the way I want to because during the renovation I didn't have the blog in mind. And that goes for a few earlier projects as well that will be lost.  One of those projects that I wished I had taken more photos of was my first project here in New Albany, my wife and I's first house. I will try and post about our first home sometime in the future as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment